- Title : SALTGIANT “Understanding the Mediterranean Salt Giant
- Start date and duration : 01/02/2018 for 4 years + 6 months extension (end date: 31/07/2022)
- Led by : Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (IPGP), France
- Funding scheme : H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017, Grant Agreement n° 765256
- Project budget : 3,89 M euros
European Commission Project Officer
SaltGiant and Ethics issues
To ensure that all Saltgiant research activities will respect the fundamental ethics principles reflected in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European, an ethics advisor has been appointed at the start of the project : Dr Michèle Barbier of Science and Ethics.
The main activity of the private Institute of Science and Ethics (Science Synergies) is to provide advice on ethical and scientific development in areas that are generally innovative and provide Ethical support for all innovative projects. The founder, Dr Michèle Barbier, scientific officer at the Mediterranean Science Commission (CIESM) is also Independent Ethics Advisor and Ethics expert for the European Commission. Through reflection and implementation of methodologies, she provides solution to minimize risks linked to any research projects.
SALTGIANT is a European project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement n° 765256